Heron Court Hall is a large mansion built in the Gothic style, erected in 1851 by Joseph Robert Whitgreave, one of the founders (with his sister Etheldreda) of the Roman Catholic church directly opposite the hall
The Sisters of the Christian Retreat opened St. Anthony's Convent at Heron's Nest, Heron Street, in 1901, but to accommodate members of the order who had been expelled from France the convent was moved on 31 July 1904 to Heron Court.
The convent used it as a Christian retreat and teaching centre until the 1960s
In the 1960s, Rugeley Billiards club acquired Heron Court Hall
Since then, many local businesses and clubs have made Heron Court Hall their home,.
Britain From Above 1939 (look towards the bottom of the photograph to see how Heron Court Hall looked in 1939